Tuesday 27 November 2012

Cinebook

I grew up in France, reading "Bande Dessinees" (Graphic novels) all the time and collecting them. I have a collection of over a thousand BDs. When I moved to Australia, I was sad to see that pretty much the only titles I was used to that were translated into English were Tintin and Asterix.

Although my kids liked looking at my BDs, it was a bit hard to read for them as their French is good, but they are not native speakers having been brought up in Australia (and my wife is Australian).

So, imagine my surprise, a couple of years ago, when I found out that a company in England, run by a Frenchman called Olivier Cadic, was publishing the best of the European BDs in English language.

Needless to say that I have bought a lot (and I mean a lot) of their titles and my kids are really enjoying reading BDs. I bought some BDs from Cinebook for the local public school where my kids go as well and the books are a big hit with the kids at the school library.

BDs are great, try them! Note that some of the titles are aimed older readers, not just kids (Titles like "XIII", "Largo Winch", "Thorgal", "Orbital", etc.). Kids love "Yakari", "Cedric", " Lucky Luke", etc...

Check out the Cinebook website: http://www.cinebook.co.uk/

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Cinebook, I just happen to like their graphic novels very much...

No comments:

Post a Comment